Looking after your swimwear!
Funky Trunks and Funkita swimwear is made from C-Infinity, an exclusive fabric that is milled in Italy. It is a durable premium polyester which has exceptional strength and can retain its durability far longer than other elastane swimwear fabrics. It has exceptional chlorine resistance, excellent elasticity to maintain its shape and offer firm compression, a soft handle, is quick drying and highly breathable. It also offers 50+ UV sun protection. Eco C-Infinity has the same superior quality polyester construction as the C-Infinity fabric, but manufactured from end-of-life plastic water bottles.
It is important that your swimwear is looked after like any garment that you wish to keep for a long time. Here are a few tips:
- Always rinse your swimwear in clean water, or wash with a mild detergent after every use. Hand washing is recommended.
- Dry your swimwear in the shade as the damaging rays of the sun will deteriorate the fabric quicker. Don’t leave your swimwear rolled in a wet towel all day and expect it to live a long life!
- Avoid excessive chlorine as high degrees of any chemical will result in bleaching of the colour and will destroy the fabric and garment stitching.
- Avoid regular spas as the combination of heat and chlorine will deteriorate your swimwear more rapidly.
- Avoid contact with sunscreens, perfume, deodorant, tanning products and excessive perspiration. These can all cause staining and age your swimwear. The oils in these products can deteriorate elastic so ensure you rinse your swimwear thoroughly after use.
- Rough surfaces cause snagging and wear-and-tear to your swimwear. If you use a waterslide, lie on concrete, slide off the edge into a pool you will cause pilling of the fabric. Avoid wearing your swimwear under clothing or towels for prolonged periods as even the friction created by rubbing against another fabric when the swimwear can cause pilling.
- Remove any trapped sand by gently running your fingernail over your swimwear.
- Do not iron or tumble dry your swimwear.
- If your swimwear has a drawcord pull the cords together to tighten rather than away from each other, otherwise you may rip the drawcord holes.